While many families consider remodeling a home a wonderful and exciting adventure, it’s not that way in the case of a natural disaster. In fact, with one of the first homes built in McKinney, the family’s experience was very different than planned.
Fire Restoration Turns into New Home Construction Project
This McKinney home was struck by lightning so directly that it resulted in a fire that consumed most of the home. As the family was obviously upset, we at DFW Improved were focused on taking a negative situation and making it as positive as it could be for this family. We started by helping this family work with their insurance provider to make sure they received full coverage in order to rebuild the home of their dreams.
Home Fire Safety Tips from the Red Cross:
- Make sure you install smoke alarms on every level of your home, inside bedrooms and outside of sleeping areas.
- Test your smoke alarms every month. If they’re not working, change the batteries.
- Talk with all family members about a fire escape plan and practice the plan twice a year.
- If a fire occurs in your home, GET OUT, STAY OUT and CALL FOR HELP.
- Never go back inside the home for anything or anyone.
For more home restoration information from DFW Improved, visit us on Pinterest, Facebook, YouTube, Google+, Twitter or LinkedIn where we share more of our home improvement success stories around home construction and home remodeling.