The Great Update Rebate
The City of Plano is now offering a program that encourages homeowners to update and maintain their older homes. Through this program, they award homeowners a percentage of money to help complete those updates, beautifying the community and improving the economy.
Several factors such as the age of the home and the market value of the property are all taken into consideration when deciding whether one qualifies for the rebate program. While there are certain projects that are not eligible for the rebate, qualifying for this program could help you give your space the updates it needs!
How to Choose a Top Home Remodeler in Plano TX
Why DFW Improved
We know your Plano, Texas home deserves to be the best version of itself for you and your family. We do everything from new room additions like dining areas, offices, and bonus rooms, to full-service kitchen and bath remodeling, to giving you an entirely new outdoor living area, or even building that high-end media room you’ve always wanted.
We know you have many choices for home remodeling contractors. But whatever you do, avoid a major Makeover Mistake and be sure to hire experts that can help make your dreams a reality.
Who We Serve
If you are in the market for home repair or remodeling in Plano TX or surrounding areas, DFW Improved would love to help you! With a commitment to helping home owners achieve their dreams for their homes, we deliver home remodeling projects, roof replacement, and even complete home restoration after a fire or flood damage.
As an award-winning service provider recognized for building excellence, we can provide home remodeling, restoration, and renovation to improve your Plano, Texas home value and your quality of life. You will find your project completed to your satisfaction when you hire a company that does everything from start to finish. At DFW Improved, our motto has always been to leave it better than we found it – we want to achieve total client satisfaction, and even go beyond that for client loyalty. We believe in building relationships as strong as our homes.
How to Choose a Remodeling Contractor
01 What is the biggest mistake people make when choosing a remodeling contractor? Is the old saying is really true, you get what you pay for?! We see this so often in the home remodeling business. If you want quality construction, it’s important to choose a Remodeling Contractor because of the value you will receive.It is impossible for any company in any industry to offer the cheapest price, have the highest quality, and provide the best service all at the same time. You can get high quality and superior service, but rarely will you get both and still get the lowest price.
Value = Quality + Service + PriceTo avoid buying on price alone, we suggest that you visit with several contractors and rank them in the order that is important to you, such as Quality first, Service second, and Price last. In addition, you must carefully compare the scope of work for each company. Are they truly bidding the same project? Ask for and check out their references. What do past clients have to say? Are they happy with the end result?Review the proposed home remodeling contractor carefully online. Do they have a website? Do you feel like they have heard you and can they carry out your vision? The end result is that you will get what you pay for. The money you might have saved with a cheaper price could end up costing you far more in the long run!
Imagine Your Home Improved.
A home renovation is always a complex task whether it’s a tiny bathroom, a kitchen update, or a new room addition. For most homeowners, making important design decisions for new products, building materials, colors and finishes is overwhelming. Choosing things that enhance the style of your home and provide updated design appeal can be difficult, but visiting a local showroom can make your design decisions much easier.
Ready for your very own DFW Improved experience?
Schedule a visit to showroom today or contact us for an estimate for your remodeling project!
What to Expect When Renovating Your Plano Home
Visit our Showroom
If you plan to redesign a room in your home, you’ll find that the sheer number of design options can be overwhelming. Most people flip through paint samples and catalogues, crossing their fingers and hoping that what they choose will work out in the end. Fortunately, there is a much better way. The best and easiest way to redesign a room in your home is to visit a design showroom. Here are just a few of the benefits of going to a design showroom.
- See and feel the materials you are considering
- Find inspiration for your project
- Get to know our team
- Expert advice and assitance
- Read more
What to Expect
01 Most home remodeling projects start with a dream. Pair that with the right contractor and budget, and you end up with the beautiful combination. We make every effort to set the right expectations and deliver a seamless experience. While there are some elements that no one can control, we have the proficiency, competence, and expertise in our business to successfully deal with these circumstances and give you an exceptional product.
Here are 10 things to keep in mind for your next remodel:
- Ask Questions: Communication is critical in every relationship. Our job is to take you through the entire scope of work, step by step. We are happy to explain why we are doing something or let you know how changing something mid-job affects the rest of the project.
- It’s Gonna Get Dirty: Our crew cleans up at the end of the workday, but you’ll still feel and see the remnants of the day. Dust, materials, and other construction debris are unavoidable.
- Commotion: Construction is disruptive and noisy. Unfortunately, there’s no way around it. If you work from home or have small children, you may want to plan to go elsewhere throughout the project.
- Decisions, Decisions: It can seem like there are endless questions to answer and choices to be made. We like to make sure that you get what you want. We will look to you for direction and give design guidance, when requested.
- Time and Money: Time and money are precious commodities, and we’ll do our best to minimize both. Our professional contractors strive for accurate estimates and time frames. Tip: Have a base budget, but add a reserve for unforeseen expenses or changes.
- Changes to the Timeline: Weather, illness, material malfunctions, hidden structural issues, additions to the original job, and a variety of other unforeseen problems can extend your timeline. Clients with the smoothest remodel are resilient, prepared, and communication remains consistent.
- Unwelcome Surprises: You could face any number of surprise circumstances, from permitting & existing unforeseen code compliance issues to outdated plumbing and wiring. Remember, making necessary repairs will give you a safer home in the end.
- Highs and Lows: The remodeling process is exhilarating, terrifying, exciting, and stressful. We do everything we can to minimize the chaos and anticipate unforeseen events. Remember, life will return to normal, and you will finally be able to enjoy the finished product!
- Final Details: Before we can say, “it’s done,” you’ll most likely need to check off a few last items on the punch list. A punch list is things that need finishing before project completion, such as touch-ups, repairs, or fine-tuning.
- Time to Celebrate: Invite friends, family, and our team—it’s time to show off the results of your remodel! A reveal party is an ideal way to blow off some steam. It makes it all worth it.
Kitchen Upgrades with Big Impact
01 Are you tired of your old, outdated kitchen but believe you don’t have the money or the time to update? You can give your kitchen an entirely new look and feel with these simple kitchen upgrades that make a BIG impact.
- Paint the cabinets
- Install new countertops
- Add a backsplash
- Update Fixtures
for Plano, TX
Great to work with.
Todd - Plano, TX
Sally - Plano, TX
Jessica - Plano, TX
Great job on our floors! The whole team was especially thoughtful of our family as we have an infant! From demo to install and even cleaning the whole team always thought of our little guy when working. They were careful about the noise, chemicals used and the dust. They treated him like he was their own child in care how the remodel would impact him! We really appreciate it! And the floors look amazing!
Terrence - Plano, TX
Outstanding craftsmanship and professionalism!
Good Quality (AND AHEAD OF SCHEDULE) bathroom Reno with good communication
Rachel C. - Plano, TX
Every part of this process to renovate our bathroom has been easy thanks to DFW Improved. This was our first Reno project ever, and we had heard horror stories from friends who used different companies / independent contractors. We are so grateful to this team for how the bathroom looks (fantastic, clean, updated, just like I hoped)... but we are also so grateful for how DFW Improved handled the work and contract. Carlos, Heath, the design team, the office::: everyone has been so wonderful to work with. They communicate very clearly, and that starts with the in home consult to see what your goals for the space are. DFW Improved keeps their promises and shows up or calls when they say they will. There was not a question of when things will be done or how. The project timeline was made and given to us and they even managed to get things done ahead of scheduling. I felt at ease and trusted them in our home. They kept the space clean and the rest of our home was protected through the process. We got updates and texts consistently from our ONE (always dependable and reliable) project manager, Carlos. Carlos made sure things were getting done, kept us informed, and made sure we were happy. I could text or call our project manager and get a call or text back; I feel like that is super rare and so special to this company. When you hear stories about contractors not showing up, work going on for longer than intended, that makes you anxious to do any renovation. None of that was anything like our experience: our experience with DFW improved was remarkably easy. Makes me ready for the next project for them to do in the suture! I highly recommend them to anyone considering a home improvement project.
Theresa - Plano, TX
DFW Improved was exceptional in every regard for my huge home project!!
JR - Plano, TX
Our project manager made things happen. We had a few changes to the original plan and Carlos Bella handled everything in stride. Not the cheapest, but we got what we paid for, and more.
Master bath and bedroom remodel.
Brad - Plano, TX
We certainly will use DFW again. Our Project Manager Carlos Bello was outstanding. Always responsive and professional. Very customer focused. Our Designer Gabi Sperry was pleasant and easy to work with. Our project turned out great!
The service we experienced was amazing! Carlos was s our project manager and he was the best. He went out of his way to make everything perfect! I wou
Rebecca - Plano, TX
Again, Carlos was an excellent project manager! They cleaned up everyday before leaving and made sure we were satisfied before they left. I always knew what was happening each day and who was coming. The bathroom turned out perfect! I will definitely use them again.
Terri - Plano, TX
Very happy with the outcome of our shower. They did a great job & always kept us informed of who & what a worker would be doing. Everyone was very pleasant. The project manager was great.
Implementary consultation for interior and exterior painting
Complimentary consultation for bathroom, kitchen and staircase remodel. Tile, plumbing, paint and balusters.
STAIR AND KITCHEN REMODEL
HOME REMODEL - KITCHEN, BATHROOMS-FULL INTERIOR PAINT
Complementary consultation for kitchen and bathroom remodeling
Drywall repair follow up
Checking in on a Jack and Jill bathroom remodel in North Plano