What to Expect When Renovating Your Plano Home
Visit our Showroom
If you plan to redesign a room in your home, you’ll find that the sheer number of design options can be overwhelming. Most people flip through paint samples and catalogues, crossing their fingers and hoping that what they choose will work out in the end. Fortunately, there is a much better way. The best and easiest way to redesign a room in your home is to visit a design showroom. Here are just a few of the benefits of going to a design showroom.
- See and feel the materials you are considering
- Find inspiration for your project
- Get to know our team
- Expert advice and assitance
- Read more
What to Expect
01 Most home remodeling projects start with a dream. Pair that with the right contractor and budget, and you end up with the beautiful combination. We make every effort to set the right expectations and deliver a seamless experience. While there are some elements that no one can control, we have the proficiency, competence, and expertise in our business to successfully deal with these circumstances and give you an exceptional product.
Here are 10 things to keep in mind for your next remodel:
- Ask Questions: Communication is critical in every relationship. Our job is to take you through the entire scope of work, step by step. We are happy to explain why we are doing something or let you know how changing something mid-job affects the rest of the project.
- It’s Gonna Get Dirty: Our crew cleans up at the end of the workday, but you’ll still feel and see the remnants of the day. Dust, materials, and other construction debris are unavoidable.
- Commotion: Construction is disruptive and noisy. Unfortunately, there’s no way around it. If you work from home or have small children, you may want to plan to go elsewhere throughout the project.
- Decisions, Decisions: It can seem like there are endless questions to answer and choices to be made. We like to make sure that you get what you want. We will look to you for direction and give design guidance, when requested.
- Time and Money: Time and money are precious commodities, and we’ll do our best to minimize both. Our professional contractors strive for accurate estimates and time frames. Tip: Have a base budget, but add a reserve for unforeseen expenses or changes.
- Changes to the Timeline: Weather, illness, material malfunctions, hidden structural issues, additions to the original job, and a variety of other unforeseen problems can extend your timeline. Clients with the smoothest remodel are resilient, prepared, and communication remains consistent.
- Unwelcome Surprises: You could face any number of surprise circumstances, from permitting & existing unforeseen code compliance issues to outdated plumbing and wiring. Remember, making necessary repairs will give you a safer home in the end.
- Highs and Lows: The remodeling process is exhilarating, terrifying, exciting, and stressful. We do everything we can to minimize the chaos and anticipate unforeseen events. Remember, life will return to normal, and you will finally be able to enjoy the finished product!
- Final Details: Before we can say, “it’s done,” you’ll most likely need to check off a few last items on the punch list. A punch list is things that need finishing before project completion, such as touch-ups, repairs, or fine-tuning.
- Time to Celebrate: Invite friends, family, and our team—it’s time to show off the results of your remodel! A reveal party is an ideal way to blow off some steam. It makes it all worth it.
Kitchen Upgrades with Big Impact
01 Are you tired of your old, outdated kitchen but believe you don’t have the money or the time to update? You can give your kitchen an entirely new look and feel with these simple kitchen upgrades that make a BIG impact.
- Paint the cabinets
- Install new countertops
- Add a backsplash
- Update Fixtures
for Plano, TX
Great service from a great team!!
Denis - Plano, TX
Jamil - Plano, TX
The Five Star Professional Experience
Donielle - Plano, TX
From the beginning to the end, the process was five star. We were informed at every turn during the project of what to expect and given a calendar of events so we were never left guessing. Thank you Luis for the exception service. You along with your crew have set the bar high.
Jesse - Plano, TX
Rebecca - Plano, TX
We recently had DFW Improved build a guest house on our property. The experience was wonderful from foundation to finish out! Todd James managed our project and was very easy to work with, communicated with us constantly, and organized. We are extremely pleased with DFW Improved, would not hesitate to recommend them, and will certainly use them again! Thank you!
Jeff - Plano, TX
We did a pretty big remodel of kitchen, two bathrooms and a whole house repaint. The initial process was easy. We took out time picking the perfect piece of granite. Once that and the other items were selected, they came in with a plan. Everything in the 6 week plan was on time, if not early. Then entire project finished right on time. Every time we had a concern, Todd was there to help us through it. Todd was a fabulous project manager. Could not be happier with this whole,process.
Our Renovation Went Smoothly
Dee - Plano, TX
We are completely happy with Todd James as our project manager. he kept us up to date when to expect different trades and what time they would be arriving. He built a 6 week schedule that ran on time if not early on some of the trades. I would request Todd as our project manager every time.
Excellent service, stuck to calendar, good communication
Wilson Resort - Plano, TX
I was so pleased with DFW Improved, starting from the sales team, the help they provided us with our insurance company, and all the way down to the project manager and trade folks. Professional, courteous, and very communicative, which is hard to find in the world of contractors. We found them in the 2019 Best of Collin County book we got in the mail and I can see why they’re ranked that way. Highly recommend!
Great to work with.
Todd - Plano, TX
Sally - Plano, TX
Checking in on a completed master bath remodel in Plano
Complimentary consultation for shower remodel. Bathtub, role, faucets, flooring & shower glass.
Complementary consultation for bathroom remodel. Cabinetry, countertops, paint, tile.
Checking in on exterior door, gutters, and wood floor installation in Plano
Complimentary consultation for interior repairs and painting. Drywall, trim, wallpaper removal, paint.
Kitchen Remodel Consultation
Attic Conversion Consultation
Room Addition Consultation
Complementary consultation for kitchen remodel and structural wall removal.
Imagine Your Home Improved.
A home renovation is always a complex task whether it’s a tiny bathroom, a kitchen update, or a new room addition. For most homeowners, making important design decisions for new products, building materials, colors and finishes is overwhelming. Choosing things that enhance the style of your home and provide updated design appeal can be difficult, but visiting a local showroom can make your design decisions much easier.
Ready for your very own DFW Improved experience?
Schedule a visit to showroom today or contact us for an estimate for your remodeling project!
How to Choose a Top Home Remodeler in Plano TX
Why DFW Improved
We know your Plano, Texas home deserves to be the best version of itself for you and your family. We do everything from new room additions like dining areas, offices, and bonus rooms, to full-service kitchen and bath remodeling, to giving you an entirely new outdoor living area, or even building that high-end media room you’ve always wanted.
We know you have many choices for home remodeling contractors. But whatever you do, avoid a major Makeover Mistake and be sure to hire experts that can help make your dreams a reality.
Who We Serve
If you are in the market for home repair or remodeling in Plano TX or surrounding areas, DFW Improved would love to help you! With a commitment to helping home owners achieve their dreams for their homes, we deliver home remodeling projects, roof replacement, and even complete home restoration after a fire or flood damage.
As an award-winning service provider recognized for building excellence, we can provide home remodeling, restoration, and renovation to improve your Plano, Texas home value and your quality of life. You will find your project completed to your satisfaction when you hire a company that does everything from start to finish. At DFW Improved, our motto has always been to leave it better than we found it – we want to achieve total client satisfaction, and even go beyond that for client loyalty. We believe in building relationships as strong as our homes.
How to Choose a Remodeling Contractor
01 What is the biggest mistake people make when choosing a remodeling contractor? Is the old saying is really true, you get what you pay for?! We see this so often in the home remodeling business. If you want quality construction, it’s important to choose a Remodeling Contractor because of the value you will receive.It is impossible for any company in any industry to offer the cheapest price, have the highest quality, and provide the best service all at the same time. You can get high quality and superior service, but rarely will you get both and still get the lowest price.
Value = Quality + Service + PriceTo avoid buying on price alone, we suggest that you visit with several contractors and rank them in the order that is important to you, such as Quality first, Service second, and Price last. In addition, you must carefully compare the scope of work for each company. Are they truly bidding the same project? Ask for and check out their references. What do past clients have to say? Are they happy with the end result?Review the proposed home remodeling contractor carefully online. Do they have a website? Do you feel like they have heard you and can they carry out your vision? The end result is that you will get what you pay for. The money you might have saved with a cheaper price could end up costing you far more in the long run!